Wed, Mar 22|
Gottman Bringing Baby Home Educator Training for Professionals - March 22-24, 2023
Whether you have years of experience or you’re just getting started in your field, the Bringing Baby Home Educator Training will give you tools to facilitate Bringing Baby Home parents workshops, helping parents strengthen their friendship, increase intimacy, and regulate conflict—thereby improving
Time & Location
Mar 22, 9:00 AM – 1:30 PM
About the Event
Help pregnant and parenting families in your community prepare for the transition to parenthood.
Learn how to teach pregnant and parenting couples the skills needed to encourage healthy, supportive family relationships. Even the strongest relationships are strained during the transition to parenthood. Our research-based Bringing Baby Home workshops prepare couples for life with baby and helps them be the best parenting team possible.
- Teach pregnant and parenting couples what to expect and how to prepare for the transition to parenthood
- Provide couples with useful tips on how to strengthen their relationships, and help to effectively manage stress and conflict
- Explain the signs of postpartum depression and mood disorders, and how to recognize and respond to these in relationships
- Educate parents about how to meet the emotional and psychological needs of a child
- Assist couples in creating a plan for keeping both parents involved in parenting
Within three years after the birth of a child, approximately two thirds of parents will experience a significant drop in their relationship quality. Research shows that the quality of a relationship between parents has a direct and profound impact on the development of infants and children.
You can help make a positive difference for families in your community with the Bringing Baby Home Educator Training. This research-based training is designed to teach professionals how to present workshops to pregnant and parenting families on the transition to parenthood.
Whether you have years of experience or you’re just getting started in your field, the Bringing Baby Home Educator Training will give you tools to facilitate Bringing Baby Home parents workshops, helping parents strengthen their friendship, increase intimacy, and regulate conflict—thereby improving their well-being and that of their child(ren).
The Bringing Baby Home Educator Training is a research-based course designed to teach professionals in the birthing, medical, and mental health spaces how to help parents in their communities maintain happy, healthy relationships while welcoming new babies into their lives. By taking this training, professionals can become Bringing Baby Home Educators, host their own workshops, and help more parents with the transition to parenthood.
You have the option to choose between a LIVE virtual training event with other resources or an on-demand digital training course which is directly through the Gottman Institute.
Optional 11.5 CE Credits available through R. Cassidy for an additional $40. Sign up at https://www.academeca.com/CEUReg/SeminarInfo.aspx?seminarId=3058. Email email@example.com with questions.
Premium Package (this version) participants will receive:
- 2 days of virtual training by live Gottman Bringing Baby Home educators including role-plays and real life examples
- Everything offered in the Essentials Package PowerPoint for Educators 90+ videos and exercises designed for you to work through the program at your own pace Digital Training Manual
- Plus an additional day for Live Q&A sessions Small group participation Teachbacks
Following this training, you will be able to:
- Present and facilitate couples’ small groups and classes at your church, hospital, community center, place of business, and/or home.
- Independently teach and facilitate the 12 hour Bringing Baby Home Couples Workshop.
- Use the Gottman BBH Educator title and distinction.
Who would benefit from this training: This Gottman Educator Training is designed for professionals who work with expectant parents and families with young children including: Childbirth educators and parent coaches, Nurses, Social workers, Marriage, Family and Child Therapists, Birth and postpartum doulas, Midwives, Professors, Clergy.
Training Costs: The cost of this two-day training is $999 per person, which includes live training registration, Gottman Bringing Baby Home Educator Materials, and Gottman BBH Educator Certificate and Badge. If you’re an existing Bringing Baby Home educator taking the class to update yourself on the curriculum updates, email firstname.lastname@example.org for a promo code for 30% off the class.
Becoming a parent changes who we are and what is important to us. Wouldn’t it be amazing to know what to expect, to have tools to deal with the changes, and to have time set aside to understand our partner’s needs and feelings?
Bringing Baby Home (TM) is a class through the Gottman Institute that empowers us to understand and appreciate each other as we become parents, and to work together as a parenting team.
It has been shown to:
- Increase the joy of parenting
- Improve relationship satisfaction
- Strengthen children’s communication and attention skills
The material is based on the over 20 years of relationship research done by Dr. John Gottman and is designed for people who are expecting a baby and parents with children 3 years and under.
March 22, 2023 9am-1:30pm Pacific
March 23, 2023 9am-1:30pm Pacific
March 24, 2023 1-2:30pm Teachbacks; 3-4:30pm Q&A
**Materials are included in the price of this class.
The class will be held on Zoom or similar platform. It will be led by Gottman Bringing Baby Home Training Specialists Lara Elfstrand, MA ECSE, CEIM, IF-ATMHP and Laurie Bateman, RN. A link to the class will be emailed out after registration.
Questions? Call or text Lara at 916-579-4013